Call Us: (501) 767-5100   |   Fax Us: (501) 767-5199   |   E-Mail Us:   |   Follow Us: @countrycomforthomes



Here are the most frequently asked questions we answer to provide information especially to our interested new clients

What is a Manufactured Home?

Homes that are built entirely in the factory under Federal Code administered by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which became effective June 15, 1976, and has been upgraded numerous times. They cover single or multi-section homes and includes transport to the site and installation. Regulations included are design & construction, strength & durability, transportability, fire resistance, energy efficiency & quality.

What is the difference between a Modular Homes and H.U.D. Code Homes?

On the surface, modular homes may seem very similar to those known as “H.U.D. Code” homes. There are, however, distinct differences between the two types of housing.

The primary difference is that H.U.D. Code homes are built to the federal H.U.D. code. This code encompasses all states of the United States and the homes are subject to federal inspection and approval. H.U.D. Code homes can only be single family residences. Modular buildings, however are built using the same building codes that are recognized by local building jurisdictions for site built homes. Modular homes are also not titled, unlike manufactured, they will also appraise like a site built home in a comparable area, along with the benefit of appreciation in value over time like site built homes.

On the other hand, modular units are built to the building codes that have jurisdiction for the particular state in which the modular unit is destined. For example, in some Southern states, the International Building Code (IBC) is enforced. Therefore, the modular buildings constructed for these states must comply with this code. It is important to note that these are the same codes utilized by the Contractors who site build their structures. Modular Construction (unlike H.U.D.) includes occupancies other than Residential (IE: Assembly, Educational, Mercantile, Business.). It is also important to note that Modular Construction is not categorized by Wind Zones as is done for H.U.D. Code Construction. Instead, Modular Construction is produced according to specific wind speeds.

The actual required wind speed for an area should be obtained from the local building official prior to construction.  Our Deer Valley homes currently build its Modulars to a maximum wind speed of 130 mph (Using IBC guidelines).

Our Manufactured Homes actually far surpass HUD standards and our Modular Homes are heavy built premium quality for life.

Can I really customize my home?

Absolutely!  Design your home, your way! The process starts by reviewing our 30+ floorplans to choose the perfect home that you want. If you want customization, the number of bedrooms, bathrooms and square feet area can be used as the basis of the search and then the customization begins.

Have your own plan? Bring it in and we can most likely duplicate it and provide a cost to build it.We'll help you build your dream home.

Can site improvements be included in the sale?

Site improvements such as septic, water well installation, power, plumbing, driveways, dirt work, concrete footer foundations, porches, and decks can be included in the sale and in most cases included in the loan.

What are typical costs for site improvements on raw land?

Typically on "raw" undeveloped land, we advise our customers to be prepared for at least $10,000 in improvement costs for septic, foundations, plumbing & electrical hookup. We have local subcontractors that we work with on a daily basis, who could go out and provide a free estimate of exactly how much work would be required for your homesite.

What do we need to prepare for when looking for land?

First ensure a perk test in done on the property. The perk test measures the absorption rate of the soil, which will be required if a septic tank is to be placed on the property. Additionally a current survey would be advisable and inquire if there are any restrictions or covenants on the property such as if manufactured homes are allowed.




What type of foundation is required for the home ?

Deer Valley's slogan is "Heavy Built Home" and they truly are heavy in terms of weight. A foundation to your home is one of the most important components, guaranteeing a trouble free structure during the life of your home. A poor or unstable foundation could problems such as doors & windows not closing properly, sheetrock cracking around window & door entries, and stress on the framing. We at Country Comfort homes have reputable subcontractors that will construct a concrete runner foundation, spanning the length of the home in eight foot increments. After home is set up, it is anchored to this same concrete foundation. 



What is the typical cost of the foundation?
Concrete runner foundation costs, built to FHA standards, naturally depend on the size of the home. Two section homes generally average between $2500 & $3500, three section homes can go upwards of $6500, depending again on the home size.
How can you help me get financing for Modular & Manufactured Homes?

We have several lending partners that we work with on a daily basis. They are able to offer a wide range of financing options. Call or visit us at our office and we will help you find the best financing option for you.

Check out our financing options page to learn more.


Country Comfort Homes provides a Home Owner's Manual to each newly purchased home.
Below are the answers of top questions concerning warranty information and homeowner maintenance
specially to those who bought Deer Valley built homes.

Hot Water and Proper Water Heater Preparation?

It is imperative to a new home owner that the water heater breaker not be switched to the on position prior to filling the tank with water.  A common issue in new homes is turning on the power before filling the tank with water which causes the heating elements to burn up immediately.

Where are my phone, cable, or media jack hookups located?

All newly constructed Deer Valley homes have a central location for these hookups. They will be opposite the “hitch” end of the home on the center line approximately 2-4 feet from the end and marked “communication” cables.

What is the Black Barrier beneath my home?

This black material is known as Cemplex or “Bottom Board”. This serves as a vapor barrier for the bottom of your home, preventing moisture infiltration. This should be maintained by the homeowner periodically to make sure there are no penetrations or if so, make sure they are sealed. Materials required would include, heavy tape, spray adhesive, or new bottom board material installation. The main causes of damage to this are from plumbing changes, HVAC, cable or phone line installation.

Properly Venting Your Dryer?

It is important to vent your dryer to the outside of your foundation as the exhaust creates moisture. Moisture beneath your home is to be avoided completely. This is solely the responsibility of the homeowner and vitally important to prevent moisture buildup under the home. The vent hole is precut at Deer Valley during the production of your home for the installation of the clothes dryer and dryer vent by the homeowner.

Roof Maintenance?

Your roof should be checked annually with preventative care to make sure and all penetrations sealed properly. Proper roof and roof care sealants can be purchased at home improvement stores.

Why can canister lights flicker or stop burning periodically?

Canister lights typically require a specific type bulb of 40 watts or less to function properly. High wattage bulbs are not intended for use in canister lights or flickering can occur.

Ground Fault Interrupt Receptacles – Protection for You?
Power can be lost as result of a tripped GFI receptacle. This happens when too many cords are plugged into one main receptacle in effort to draw excessive power. The GFI receptacle is designed to “trip” to prevent overload of a circuit and prevent any damage. Should you have a partial power outage, please reset the GFI receptacle in the surrounding area. If this does not cure the issue, please contact us.
What is Ventilaire III?

It is the insulated flex duct installed in the homes furnace cavity.

VentilAire is the most efficient way to introduce outdoor air to the interior environments. It works in conjunction with the furnace blower and existing duct system and is able to work independently when the heating and cooling system is off. Best of all, VentilAire is a cost-effective way to substantially improve indoor air quality and help control attic condensation/moisture in your home. The VentilAire system is designed for use with gas, oil and electric furnaces and electric air handlers.

How Ventilaire works?

The home’s thermostat is the control device for selecting continuous whole-house ventilation. When the thermostat is in the whole-house ventilation position, the unit blower will operate continuously; independent of COOL or HEAT modes. When the furnace blower is operating, a negative pressure (suction) is created in the furnace plenum. This suction draws in fresh outdoor air which is mixed with the homes return air then distributed through the home duct system. When HEAT or COOL modes are selected, the fresh outdoor air and home return air are conditioned prior to being distributed throughout the home. The VentilAire III flex duct must remain unobstructed to operate properly.

What are your recommendations for Moisture Control?

Follow the recommendations of the manufacturer of you home to maintain low levels of moisture in your home. (See Set-Up manual).
When moisture-producing activities (cooking, bathing, etc.) are occurring, operate exhaust fans.
Avoid hanging clothes to dry within your home.
Vent all fuel burning appliances.
Avoid using humidifiers.
Avoid having large quantities of houseplants, pools of water, and other moisture-producing conditions.
Place a vapor barrier (such as plastic sheeting) on top of the ground underneath your home.
Ventilation openings should be provided in skirting.
The fresh air supply to your home may be energized at any time by switching the furnace control (or the thermostat control) to WHOLE-HOUSE VENTILATION.

Have More Questions?

If you need immediate answers or help call us on our direct number. If you send us a message we'll quickly reply within 24 hours.
You can leave your phone number in your message and expect our call or reply.